Aerial Surveying & Drone Mapping
Cuttriss are trusted experts in the land surveying, resource management planning, and civil engineering professions, and combine this expertise with the latest in drone technology to offer our clients a wide range of services. Drone, Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS), Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) or Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) are all names for the technology that is redefining workflows across a range of industries.
Why use Drone technology?
Efficient and cost-effective
Minimise or avoid health and safety risks
Reduce traffic management requirements
Colour 3D models to assist interpretation of traditional survey data
Measurement of inaccessible terrain/structures/environments
Accurate visual record projects – before, during, and after completion
Cuttriss is proud to be the first locally-owned surveying company based in the lower North Island to hold the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) Part 102 CAA Certification. Our pilots are certified as meeting the CAA Part 102 competency standards.
What can Cuttriss Deliver?
- Survey accurate orthorectified image
- Colour point cloud
- Volume/area calculations
- Contour lines
- Feature extraction
- 3D textured mesh
- Grid Digital Surface Model (DSM) / Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- ‘Fly-through’ videos
- Small to very large topographic surveys
- Environmental monitoring surveys
- Construction monitoring and as-builts
- Quarry/earthworks volume calculations
- Videography and photography for marketing purposes
- Construction monitoring
- Agriculture & horticulture mapping and analysis
- Forestry analysis
- Natural disaster management and assessment
- Erosion mapping
- Remote inspection of hazards/structures/buildings
- Archaeological surveys
- Contact us to find out what else is possible
To discuss your project further
- Cuttriss is one of a few surveying companies in the lower North Island to have Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) certified pilots in the air.
Cuttriss’ drone pilots are experienced in capturing, processing and producing data that meet client needs
- With a team of certified drone pilots and two different models of drone to operate, Cuttriss has the expertise and capability to efficiently carry out drone work.
- We complete detailed surveys for a variety of projects.
- Cuttriss has a proud 70-year history in the surveying, resource management and civil engineering professions and can tailor your needs
Why is the CAA Certification important?
Cuttriss’ pilots have withstood rigorous assessments for competency in accordance with the CAA requirements, demonstrating they can operate drones responsibly and safely. Our exposition document allows us to operate over people and property without permission, as well as within certain restricted airspaces.